The FDA has made its final determination that Partially Hydrogenated Oils (PHOs) are not Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS). FDA has set a compliance period of 3 years for food companies to re-formulate products without PHOs and/or petition the FDA to permit specific uses of PHOs.
The client needed to add an oil feed pre-dryer and new enzymatic process system for a portion of their existing partially hydrogenated production to remove trans-fat. This system will be designed to process 120% of the existing production rates. The client plans build a new addition from its existing production building for this process and a temperature-controlled enzyme storage warehouse.
WORK COMPLETED: ADF Engineering was requested to complete front end (preliminary) engineering for this project. ADF executed the following deliverables within a 4-week expedited schedule:
- Week 1:
- Completed kick off meeting and site walk through.
- Defined overall scope, site location, and field measurements.
- Provided initial draft outline of capital cost estimate to align setup with client.
- Week 2
- Conducted onsite Electrical Survey.
- Provided preliminary 3-D model for review.
- Provided (3) preliminary mechanical layouts for review.
- Provided preliminary capital cost estimate for review.
- Week 3
- Provided Electrical Survey Report.
- Provided a Preliminary Foundation Plan.
- Provided (2) Structural Framing Elevations.
- Provided (1) Roof Framing Plan.
- Provided EPC Schedule.
- Week 4
- Provided Building Code Review (50%) Report.
- Provided 2nd option model and layouts.
- Engineering Scope of Work for Detailed Engineering.
- Engineering Staffing Plan.