The client requested ADF’s services to design and implement a new 100,000 pound per hour natural gas-fired boiler into their existing steam and condensate process. The equipment will be located in a new pre-engineered metal building that meets insurance requirements and state/local codes and regulations.
This project started in the conceptual phase and went through all phases including start-up and commissioning. Design work took 12 months to complete, with construction lasting an additional six months. A new electrical room was designed to provide service to the new building and additional loads. During the project, ADF:
- Created 7 drawings including; 1 power layout, 1 lighting layout, 3 electrical distribution designs, 1 fire alarm layout and 1 site grounding layout.
- Used photometric software to design for egress routes and normal operations of the building.
- Performed calculations on existing utility services and provided recommendations to the client.
- Specified equipment to meet client’s budgetary concerns while meeting demanding environmental requirements.
- Provided electrical support to HVAC engineering.
- Provided electrical service to chemical testing and metering equipment.
- Developed bid packages and coordinated with contractors for installation of 18 new motors.
- Provided panel and transformer schedules for Electrical contractor’s use/reference.
- Coordinated with client, vendors and contractors to incorporate the new boiler into the existing facility control system.